We are all just a wall away from transitioning life to what we want: that one choice to move towards the idea of prominence is all it takes. But we all lead such busy lives that we never really stop to think about what we can do to improve its quality. We have silent battles with ourselves every single day. That’s not why we’re here, we are here to extend, to live life- an opportunity to become prominent than we are right now, at this moment.
The opportunity is a “STOP in life”. Yes, S.T.O.P in life is worth it. Life is all about to move on, then why is a stop in life worth it? Okay, let me tell you that I don’t mean, you need to stop and take a breath and then things will be back to normal. NO. I mean you got to have
S – Self-discipline
T – Time Management
O – Out-of-the-box Thinking
P – Purpose
(I got the inspiration of this acronym when I was reading about certain topics through bits and pieces of articles online, and I could come up with a little saying. “A stop in life is all that you need”)
SELF – DISCIPLINE:
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life – it needs discipline.
Nothing worth having comes easy. Anything worth having needs consistent effort. And a consistent effort needs discipline.
Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Because we all have goals that want to achieve. The difference between someone who achieves their goals and someone who sits on the couch daydreaming is- discipline towards their goal. If you take a consistent step towards your goals every day, you will get there. It doesn’t matter if it takes 5 months or 5 years, you will achieve them for sure.
You want to sit and study, but you also want to go out with your friends for dinner but then there is that TV show whose last episode you haven’t seen yet and you just want to curl up and read a novel. Sounds familiar? Time-management is a struggle not just for students like us, but for every millionaire and billionaire out there too. You can never be perfect at it. However, you can try it, so there are a few things you can do.
- Set goals the right way
- Prioritize wisely
- Plan ahead
- Eliminate the non-essentials
- Make to-do lists in the evening for the next day.
- Add a “done list” to your to-do list.
- Exercise often
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours
- Have a great time- no matter what.
If you keep doing this for over a week, you will get an idea of how you can use that intermittent time.
OUT OF THE BOX THINKING:
This is probably the hardest ability to master and the most rewarding. Thinking out of the box or thinking beyond the box is a kind of metaphor that means to think differently or from a new perspective. Developing analogy and reasoning capability generally determines the lateral thinking of a person.
So, now the question arises, can it be developed? Yes, it can be developed with time and a few works out. How can we develop it?
- First, define the box. What are the conventional ways of thinking about the problem? What everyone else does?
- Observe the most typical way with curiosity, as if you’ve never encountered it before. What are the steps? What are the assumptions that everyone is taking for granted?
- Ask yourself: “Wouldn’t it be great if……?”
- Read a lot. And make it diverse. Listen to podcasts. Enrich your internal library. That’s how you’ll have more material to work with.
- Meet new, interesting people. Expand your network. Same people inside of our comfort zones tell the same stories and keep our minds stuck in the box. Be brave. Reach out. Live or online. (Quora is a great place.)
- Give yourself a task and let it marinate in your head- finally create your know recipe.
Defining your Life’s Purpose is not something that will happen overnight. It’s a long journey but one worth taking for anyone searching for a better and more fulfilling way to live their lives.
Here are some ways to find your Life’s purpose
- Self Evaluation is not something we are good at. It’s difficult being honest with ourselves and seeing the truth.
- Are you working towards your passions in Life? Do you know what makes you passionate to live life?
- Complete an Experiences Exercise. Think back to your happiest moments in life. Are they something you can repeat? Are they something you could do every day?
- Write down a list of Top 15 Dreams in Life You’ve always wanted to do in your life. Then prioritize your top 3 and start working towards No 1.
- Start working on your life’s purpose without delay. The surprising thing is sometimes what you THINK is your life’s purpose is actually something you won’t enjoy doing day in and day out. The longer you spend only dreaming and not ACTING on that idea, more time you’ll waste not working towards the ACTUAL life purpose you were intended for.
Now, you might have understood why I said we need a stop in life. Think about it. And I’ll conclude with this quote
“There are two great days in a person’s life -the day we are born and the day we discover why.” -William Barclay
This article idea came out of the blue, one day. I would love it if someone suggests an idea because that way it will prove to be more useful. Till then, cheers! 🙂